SUSTAINABLE ARTISTRY COACHING
You love your art. You love it in your life. You feel there could be more to all this creative fabulousness. Whether you’re full-time, part-time, amateur or professional, sustainable artistry is about achieving the balance you need to keep creating. With email and telephone coaching sessions, the answers to how will be coaxed out of hiding.
PERFECT FOR: Anyone wanted to stretch their boundaries in their art and profession. Clients have included new and seasoned teachers, professional artists wanting to craft a career change, recent graduates ready to form a plan on which city to create a new artistic home… If you are sick of feeling depleted of energy, flow, hope, time and/or cash, and you’re ready to start asking hard questions and dreaming big again, then this is for you.
Jess Pillmore is a true professional at what she does. Two Parts Magician and One giant part Mamma Bear. In her care, she makes daring comfortable. She coaxes, prods, pokes, then pulls back the curtain and reveals the goods you didn’t even know were hidden in you. I’ve had plenty of mentors and teachers who “get you there” but none as safe and pure as Jess. She is exuberant, playful and incredibly knowledgeable in her field. I do believe she is an expert guide. Her positive psychology is addicting.
– Jennifer Riker (Actor, Film/TV/Stage, Teaching Artist)
(1) 2-hour phone consultation (or Gchat text messaging session for the hearing impaired) exploring one major aspect of your artistic and/or business focus. It includes a detailed questionnaire to focus your intention for the talk and a recorded mp3 of the call.
Cost – $250
This is up your alley if any of these resonate:
- You’re secure in your craft, but itching for a boost.
- You were questioning a few paths already cooking in your brain and need guidance with playful “What if?!” poking.
- You want a “Yes, I could do all that!” roller coaster of possibilities as we brainstorm and clarify on a specific subject.
- You feel stagnant and are ready to pick yourself instead of wait for others to pick you.
- You are gearing up for a new career/life path: new city, graduating school, starting a company, going freelance, artist-parent balance…
- You’re a self-starter that needs a little push occasionally… And then watch you go!
This is Not your bag, if:
- You’re looking for one-size-fits-all directions.
- You’re wanting a quick fix. (This is the start of a practice, not the end.)
HOW CAN I HELP? LET’S RAISE THE STAKES. YOU ARE WORTH IT!
Write us: info [@] creativelyindependent.net
LARGE TASK… NOT ONLY POSSIBLE BUT EXCITING
Jess Pillmore will rearrange your brain. She is smart, compassionate and skilled. She knows art. Her excitement about my ideas and my day really changed my attitude. This large task I had before me suddenly seemed not only possible, but exciting. I used ALL of Jess’s suggestions, from the practical (carry snacks) to the magical (bring a talisman to ground you).
I am so lucky to have done this. It refitted my brain. I was looking at my 12-hour interview day shrouded in dread. I think having a sympathetic ear to help me reframe my day was invaluable.
Jess was calm, clear and funny. My expectations were not met. They were surpassed.
It is valuable for me to consider myself as an actor. This redefinition allows me to exist on my own plane—not a plane where I am trying to compete with my boss [Mark]. It was useful to remember that I am NOT Mark, and that is a good thing. The department already has Mark. I am coming at directing from the position of an actor—this gives me great strength and a very different approach.
Jess, you are so good at listening. As my boss would say, you looked at what was there instead of trying to foist an agenda of what you with were there.
You were the perfect coach. You saw my hard moments of being indicative of positive values.
– Catharine K. Slusar (Actor, Director, and Associate Professor at Bryn Mawr College)
PIVOTAL PART OF MY GROWTH
Jess Pillmore is a sensational creative sounding board! She is an understanding and supportive listener and has a gift for helping you pinpoint your creative goals. She guides you to clarify your process by asking mindful questions shaped to your individual needs. She does not push her own aesthetic and her criticism is always thoughtful, constructive and without agenda. She encouraged me to embrace my unique artistic voice and has been a pivotal part of my growth as a human and a maker of accessible art.
– Lara Segura (Artistic Program Manager, Malashock Dance Co.)
I have undertaken both one on one mentoring and online training with Jess. Her passion, insight, and compassion for the working artist are unparalleled.
Her teacher training helped me find ways into curriculum development and lesson planning I sorely needed. As a teaching artist, with no formal education training, it was invaluable. In all my years of study, I’ve never experienced such a creative and holistic approach. I will be using the skills I learned for many years to come.
If you are feeling stale or stuck get in touch with Creatively Independent now.
– Goldele Rayment (Artistic Director, Company of Rogues)
HAVE QUESTIONS OR WANT TO BOOK A SESSION? CONTACT US TODAY.
Write us: info [@] creativelyindependent.net