To bring the creative tools inherent in the arts into our daily lives.
To utilize these tools in order to uncover your passion, embrace your unique process, become grounded in the present moment and strive for more through Play, Community and Awareness.
To promote your independence from life-limiting fears through creativity in order to take life-evolving risks.
Art is not merely for making or viewing.
Art is for living!
Creatively Independent formed in 2001 from a desire to learn and create with the understanding that each of us are interconnected and yet stand alone in our unique point of view.
How can the ensemble support and spark the individual?
How can clear points of view harmonize to create dynamic and artistic life choices?
Our work is liquid: flowing from traditional to revolutionary, from ensemble devised to classical works, from teacher to student, from performer to audience. We travel internationally teaching/performing with the hope of embedding the roots of art back into our daily lives.
CI tours 250+ days/year engaging students from toddler-professional in residencies, keynotes, consultations and performing arts performances. Combined, the Co-Artistic Directors have directed/choreographed over 60 shows from Off-Broadway, Fringe, International, Regional and Educational.
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (SE Region)
- Southeastern Theatrical Conference
- Performing the World (NYC)
- International Schools Theatre Association (US & Europe)
- Orff Schulwerk Teacher Training Conference
- Florida Theatre Conference
- Florida Association of Theatre Educators
- Florida State Thespians
- Florida Jr. State Thespians
- North Carolina State Thespians